Wednesday, August 20, 2008 @ 11:26 PM
Today is one of the bad-est day i ever had for the past year.
I cant remember when was it that i felt as bad as today.

It's the feeling worst than a break up, worst than not celebrating my birthday, worst than being sick. Someone used to tell me, in this job, there will be someday where each one of us will just break down no matter how strong or senior you are, and i really felt it coming today.

And only today did i realise, there's this thin line that either makes your day, or ruin it.

I dont understand consumers though i am one myself.
I put myself in their position, and i really dont understand at all.

This customer had a problem with his newly bought handset, and we actually changed to a new set for him. And after changing the second set, he realised that the programmes installed inside is different from the 1st. I explained to him it could be due to different batches of phones, but the difference should not be that huge. And it started from there.

He asked what i meant by different batches and how come he wasnt informed. I explained it could be, but i'm not definate about it. And i explained different batches as they could hv shipped in newer ones and some software upgrading could have been done, and for all manufacturers, there are always new batches when the 1st batch is sold out and what nots.

His attitude was already one kind, his tone was horrid, but i just beared with it.
That's what we can do, isnt it? We cant shout, we cant scream.

Then i advised him to call that particular phone's model service center to check with them why is there a difference and the problems he was facing using the phone. And he refused. He started to say i was just pushing responsibility and as a consumer, he can report to CASE that he is not satisfied with the customer service. Pushing responsibility when we are the ones selling the phone to him.

He was practically shouting nonstop and saying we caused him to change his flights for his business twice and it's going to be the 3rd. And scolding me no brain-er to understand what he was talking about, scolding whatever he can think of.

My blood was seriously boiling. Like seriously.
But i just remained my cool. Like a dumb.

Okay fine, he didnt want to call that manufacturer, i can get them to call him.
And i advised that they may not call him today as the turn around time is 3 days.
BUT i will inform them it's urgent and he's leaving SG tonight.
And he started his whole damn crap again.

He wanted a call back in like 1 hr?
And he said its not a matter whether it can be done, but a matter whether it wants to be done. If i do not have the power to do so, get the management to do so. If a manager cant do so, get CEO to do so.

I'm seriously pek cek.
A consumer, who cant use his phone, wants a CEO to call the manufacturer to call him. Makes sense?

And i explained to him one last time why i asked him to call the manufacturer directly.
1. They are in a better position to explain phone features
2. The problem can be resolved faster if you call them, rather than asking them to call you; you're wasting time waiting.

He claims do not want to waste 5 mins of his time listening to the IVR.
Okay fine, but he doesnt mind wasting 30 mins of his time talking to me, yet knowing his problem cant be resolved. And then continue waiting for another call from the phone manufacturer which probably at least take hours, if that is the fastest.

If he had spent that 30 mins calling that manufacturer, perhaps his problem would have been resolved. And he can push away 2 business trip for changing the phone, and cancelling the second trip down cos there wasnt a CD inside the box? It shows how important that phone is compared to his business trip? Yet he do not want to call them to check? I DONT GET IT. And finally he said, "you know why i'm fucking you early in the morning? you asked for it, blame it on your customer service...." DAMN.

My blood shot up.
Just told him i need to end the call due to his choice of words.
And he dared me to, make sure he complains to press lah, forum lah, CEO lah.
We hear this all the time, it's no longer a threat to us, it's a line that cust use to scare us, which we are already numbed by.
And i just said goodbye to him in the nicest way i can, hung up.

Tell me, what's on his mind?
He really woke me up today, he made me realise just one bad customer can spoil your mood for the whole day, and no matter how many customers thanked you and made you smile subsequently, inside you, you still have this pathetic feeling. He made me ask myself if i really want to carry on working in this line.

I swear i was being really patient to that customer.
I was already trying my best to meet his request and put myself in his shoes.
But, still, screwed up.

Insiders will probably understand my feelings, visualise the whole damn situation.
Some may just think the consumer is right to be demanding.
I guess, this job is only something that can be understood until you've tried it.

It's all in my job scope, take and give.
But i still feel this uneasy feeling.

I had foreseen myself working in this line for a long time, cos i enjoyed it.
I enjoyed talking to customers, doing something extra for them to make their day.
But the passion for this is slowly running out.

Maybe it's a ratio of 1:15.
But that 14 isnt enough to ease that frustrations of that 1 customer.

I'm in such a pathetic low mood that i need to rant this much.
I have been feeling this low the whole day.
I cant find anyone to rant to, rant to this space.

I thought alot today, about everything.
And i realised it's so easy to say smth hurtful, yet nice and sincere words comes once in a blue moon. I used to send heartfelt smses to the specials, but dont know since when, i realised only today, that i havent done so in the longest time.

I wanted to unleash the unhappiness tmr since i have the time.
I need to spend money, i have been deprieved of shopping, to the extend that i actually have more than 50% of my pay remaining for this month and pay is in another 7 days. I dont think i ever spent this little in a month. At the very least, shopping will make my heart feel better.

I smsed everyone i could think of, but no one is free.
How nice.

Roar.
I shall just go shopping alone.

♥ inspires





Inspirations
Photobucket
brianna
230686


Loves
family and friends
shopping
blogging
mahjong
music
movies

My Reads


Nuff Nang!
Mix the words up